Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Book Title Poems


A few months back, I found this poetry prompt: write a poem using only book titles. (They must be books you own. And it must include pictures, so that we know the books are legit and that you actually own them!)

You might guess: I was highly inspired. There's no way this wasn't going to be awesome.

So then: here are the four "poems" I "wrote" as such:


ONE



I saw a peacock with a fiery tail
On the move
Across the nightingale floor
Looking for Alaska
Under the jaguar sun


TWO



All my friends are dead
The rest of us just live here
We should hang out sometime


THREE



Paradise lost
Down the rabbit hole
The gods lie


FOUR



You are here
Where the wild things are—
A tangled tale,
A heartbreaking work of staggering genius,
A tear and a smile.

Here I am,
Extremely loud and incredibly close,
A dark night’s passing
Where angels fear to tread.

Ah, sweet mystery of life:
   Steps through the mist,
   Difficult loves,
   Small memories,
   The unbearable lightness of being,
   What we talk about when we talk about love.

If you feel too much,
Trespass
Where the heart is.
The heart is not a size.

One day
Time must have a stop.

Never let me go.


No comments:

Post a Comment